Frequently Asked Questions
MSFF Attendee badges will NOT be mailed prior to the show. All attendees must pick up their badges on site in Portland. Confirmed registrants will receive a confirmation email with a barcode when their registration is finalized. Registrants should print the confirmation and bring it to registration where your barcode will be scanned to receive your printed badge and badge holder. Your confirmation barcode can also be scanned from mobile devices. All attendees must present a valid government issued photo ID (driver’s license or passport) in order to pick up your badge and badge holder.
We use Eventbrite as our ticketing partner.
MSFF 2020 is taking place Oct. 9-10, 2020, in Portland, ME. As is tradition, the exact venues will be confirmed in March of this year. If you’re visiting for the first time, check out this guide published by the regional Tourism Board.
The registration hours are exactly the same as the show hours listed on the About page.
If you’re a normal attendee, no. However, you do need an ID to pick up a Filmmaker, Sponsor, Exhibitor, Speaker, VIP, and Staff/Volunteer badge.
We’re not sure yet – we’re still negotiating contracts for the vast majority of our sponsors. What we can tell you is who sponsored our 2019 show, which is at the bottom of every page.
If your company wants to celebrate the world of student film and video, give us a shout.
The MSFF 2020 Box Office opens on July 1st, 2020. Click here to stay updated.
Kind of. There are a few answers:
- All entry fees for student films, unless we offer to refund it, are non-refundable. Feel free to email us and ask, but be prepared to be let down.
- All sponsorship contracts are just that – contracts. Unless there’s a specific clause stating otherwise, they’re most likely non-refundable.
As for tickets…
- Tickets purchased online are refundable pursuant to Eventbrite’s policy.
- If you won’t be able to make the show, you can exchange your ticket for access to our All-Access livestream, or redeem a credit which you can use for access to an MSFF event up to 18 months after MSFF 2020, on Oct. 9-10, 2020.
- If we haven’t sold out, our box office will accept cash at the door. If you pay cash, your ticket is non-refundable. Credit Cards are accepted at our box office as well, both beforehand and during the show.
We received 2,783 submissions as of February 26th, 2020.
Of those, we only have space to screen 50 of them. The acceptance rating to our festival is about 1.5%
If we didn’t answer your question, we’re sorry! Please call us at (207) 745-8824, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.